Saturday, January 28, 2012

Feeding small children-

Feeding small children - this is a big part of my day. Just when I have a good routine down pat, and have each little monkey's preferences accounted for, someone throws me for a loop. A few new tricks I've been tinkering with lately:

  • Mix it up sometimes - most kids will eat veggies with dip. And even more kids will eat veggies when they look like an airplane (no, this is not an everyday plate at my house).



  • Toothpicks are fun - this is a new discovery. You don't want to overdo this or the novelty will wear off, but I've made a few skewers lately and they were big hits-




Posted by Picasa
  • And don't ever turn your back, not even for a minute, or you might find something like this-

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you supposed to be on vacation this weekend? Out of town and unplugged? Hope you're having fun!

    Your food creativity never ceases to amaze me. Love it! And at least C didn't dump the dip in her hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the toothpicks - though my girlies follow their father and use them for smoked oysters - bleck. No, they're not just a Christmas treat in our house. That dip looks like it's ready for a good smack so it splatters all over your table, window and little :) Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete