Monday, January 9, 2012

Lately-


Christmas and the festivities, the germs, the great family times, have come and gone. What hasn't come and gone is the mountain in my living room (not laundry this time)-

If you've been to our house lately you'll have seen the climbing wall that some little Elves deposited in our house on Christmas Eve (Thank you VanWyks!). The plan was for it to spend Christmas morning indoors, and then to find its permanent home in our yard; of course, it is still sitting in my living room. Every time I holler at Mike, 'This thing needs go outside NOW,' I come upon scenes such as this, and the climbing wall manages to eke out shelter one more day..




And on Babies-

Yesterday I swooped Asher off his play mat for a cheek-to-cheek cuddle. It's pretty much impossible not to go cheek-to-cheek with this babe all day long (my babies are genetically endowed to have the roundest, softest, babiest cheeks possible, it took me till my first baby at age 28 to finally appreciate my round face as an asset). In the swooping motion, a trickle of cheek-pooled slobber, with Asher's ever-present hint of vomit, landed directly in my mouth. Probably the most disturbing part of this story that I wasn't even phased, my only reaction-

'Grace would be so grossed out right now.'

Did I mention that this baby is THE BEST BABY. If you're reading this, and you have a baby, I'm still not taking it back.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That thing is huge but oh so awesome. My boys would LOVE that. I think getting it outside might be a good idea:) Can't wait til I have the best baby ever!

    ReplyDelete